Ins and Outs of Rebate
The possibility of rebates (also known as revenue share) in conjunction with card programs has dazzled end-user organizations for decades; this is especially true in the United States. But how well do you understand the big picture? This webinar, led by the NAPCP's Lynn Larson, will address:
- the connection between interchange and rebate (and why interchange has been in the news)
- factors that impact the extent to which an end-user's card program is profitable for the card provider
- common elements of revenue sharing incentives and strategies to optimize these incentives
- how rebate compares to other P-Card benefits
- considerations for the internal accounting treatment of rebate
Purchase this webinar to learn the ins and outs of rebate and then apply your knowledge for the benefit of your card program; for example:
- Are you properly selling the value of your P-Card program to management?
- Would there be any benefit to changing your payment process to the card provider?
- What program management tactics can you implement today to take advantage of the revenue sharing incentives (if offered by your card provider)?
|What do you get?
Link to recorded webinar (expires 30 days after purchase) through the GoToWebinar solution.
||Anyone looking for a professional development opportunity—regardless of card experience level, but best suited for end-users, as some of the content is geared toward program management.
||This presentation is approximately 60 minutes in duration.
|Original Presentation Date:
||January 25, 2012
||You must be the purchaser of this presentation to earn 0.25 point toward CPCP initial eligibility or recertification.
About the Speaker:
Lynn Larson, CPCP, has been with the National Association of Purchasing Card Professionals (NAPCP) since September 2003. She has extensive card experience, including serving as a P‑Card program manager for an organization within the Minneapolis area for nearly nine years. She regularly speaks on Purchasing Card topics at NAPCP events, as well as events hosted by other organizations. In June 2007, Lynn earned the Certified Purchasing Card Professional (CPCP) credential. In addition, Lynn has more than 10 years of experience in the procurement field.
Overall Feedback: On a scale of 1 to 5 (with 5 being best), this webinar was rated 3.7 on average. All of the overall ratings were "good" or better; no "fair" or "poor" ratings.
- Great job, Lynn. I really enjoy the way you present information that is pertinent and to the point. Thanks so much!
- Content was too heavily focused on P-Card management…
- The webinar was very informative, however, I was interested in hearing more specifics about how different transactions affect the interchange calculation and thus rebate.
- It was very interesting and, even though I was quite aware of a lot of the information, this webinar made me think of few things, such as…
- The information presented was pretty generic and discussed things we already knew. Maybe that just means we are on the right track!
- The speaker seemed knowledgeable, but was not the most exciting or engaging speaker that I've heard. But I did hear one thing that I'll definitely share with my supervisor…