Card Acceptance by Suppliers: Challenges and Strategies Reported by End-Users
The NAPCP and First Annapolis Consulting jointly embarked on a research project to uncover end-users' struggles and success strategies related to suppliers' acceptance of card payments. Frank Martien, First Annapolis, shares highlights from the survey results, such as:
- end-users' approaches for convincing suppliers to accept card payments
- reasons suppliers give for either liking or disliking card payments, including what they expect in return when accepting cards
- an overview of the prevalence of card acceptance by key supplier types and regions
- the issue of surcharges
As an added benefit, Frank includes comparisons among sectors (Corporate, Education and Government) and takes a look at organizations with high P-Card capture.
He also provides additional insight that isn't necessarily addressed within the report of results.
|What do you get?
- Link to audio file that expires in 30 days
- NAPCP e-mail with corresponding presentation PDF
||P-Card professionals at any experience level|
||This audio presentation is approximately 90 minutes in duration.|
|Original presentation date:
||May 20, 2010|
You must be the purchaser of this presentation to earn 0.25 point toward CPCP initial eligibility or recertification.
About the Speaker:
Frank B. Martien
First Annapolis Consulting Inc.
Frank Martien joined First Annapolis in 1996 and leads the firm's commercial payments practice area where he focuses on Corporate Cards, Purchasing Cards, small business cards, Fleet Cards, and single-purpose commercial accounts. Frank is also active in the firm's consumer credit and debit card practice areas. His engagement experience in North America and Europe includes a wide spectrum of strategy, market research, financial analysis, vendor selection and M&A-related client assignments.
Frank's clients include banks, networks, corporations, and retailers. Recent client engagements have involved market sizing, growth opportunities identification, RFPs, corporate and P-Card capabilities reviews, P-Card acceptance and small business primary research surveys, strategic recommendations, and card portfolio sales. Through client assignments, speeches at major industry events, published articles, quotes in payments-related publications, and as an Advisory Board Member at Commercial Payments International, Frank is a recognized industry expert.
Most feedback was positive, as indicated below.
- 79% of respondents to event evaluation survey indicated their objectives were either completely or mostly met
- 75% rated the content as very good or excellent
- 88% rated the speaker as very good or excellent
- Good to see the data and be able to compare what we are doing to best-in-class.
- Best part was the questions at the end.
- I didn't really hear anything new.
- I felt the speaker was very thoughtful and appreciated the various perspectives and interpretations of how the survey data played out, pointing out some of the seemingly contradictory results and what they could mean.
- I thought it was very professional and helpful.
- I thought the content was extremely valuable and speaker was great. I always enjoy listening to the questions at the end.
- I was hoping for more practical information about getting a P-Card program up and running. The content was far too general.
- Interesting and helpful to hear more about surcharging and convenience charges.
- It seemed like the right level of detail that helped us think of ideas for our own program.
- More practical guidance would have been beneficial, such as some real examples of actions that have worked.
- The presentation was wonderful and the slides were extremely informative. However, I felt I could have learned the same amount just going through his slides by myself. Speaker did have a great speaking voice and delivery style.
- Too much comment relating to the statistics of the initial survey and not enough about how to accomplish card acceptance by suppliers.
- We did not realize the call would just be reviewing the survey.