Procurement's Role with P-Card
P-Card Program Improvements and the Role of Procurement
How does your P-Card program rate in terms of efficiency and effectiveness? What is the role of the procurement department in contributing to P-Card program success? This webinar provides practical advice for improving a P-Card program, with a special emphasis on procurement involvement. It will address:
- elements of an efficient P-Card purchase-to-pay (P2P) process
- beneficial actions by procurement staff
- opportunities for P-Card usage
- process savings versus rebate
- learn best practices for the P-Card P2P process that can applied to a new or established program
- obtain tips for maximizing P-Card usage through a variety of actions
|What do you get?
Link to recorded webinar (expires 30 days after purchase) through the GoToWebinar solution and a copy (PDF) of the presentation slides
||Procurement professionals who already understand P-Card fundamentals, such as individuals with an intermediate level of P-Card experience; this event can also benefit those not part of the procurement function.
||This presentation is approximately 60 minutes in duration.
|Original Presentation Date:
||June 5, 2013
||You must be the purchaser of this presentation to earn 0.25 point toward CPCP initial eligibility or recertification.
About the Speaker:
Lynn Larson, CPCP, has been with the NAPCP since September 2003. She has extensive card experience, including serving as a P-Card program manager for an organization within the Minneapolis area for nearly nine years. She regularly speaks on Purchasing Card topics at NAPCP events, as well as events hosted by other organizations. In June 2007, Lynn earned the Certified Purchasing Card Professional (CPCP) credential, which she continues to maintain. In addition, Lynn has more than 10 years of previous experience in the procurement field.
Overall Feedback: Nearly 100 attendees submitted an evaluation of this webinar in June 2013. The overall event ratings were:
- 43% excellent
- 43% very good
- 10% good
There were also two "fair" ratings and one "poor."
Sample of Attendees' Comments:
- The NAPCP is first rate and Lynn Larson always does such a professional job. Thank you.
- …a good, strong "basics plus" presentation. This hit on some industry basics plus shared some very helpful benchmarking data. The bonus was some of the personal experience that Lynn shared.
- I think this was very helpful even for providers. It helps us keep on the pulse of what is going on in the industry.
- While these types of webinars are especially good for those just implementing a program, it's always good for those in established programs to attend these webinars to see if any new ideas hit home. The speaker was very clear & concise, and there was good information provided.
- The Q&A was a great addition to the presentation. It added different situations/questions that were not addressed in the presentation.
- I have always enjoyed sessions led by Lynn. The content was appropriate and gave me some new ideas to pursue. The NAPCP continues to deliver quality and relevant materials. Thanks!
- The presentation covered a lot of ground, but flowed smoothly. There were several excellent takeaways.
- Maybe include more visuals. It was difficult to listen and not see much other than some words on the slides.
- I took away a few ideas that I would like to try. To me, this makes the webinar really good.
- It was a great and informational webinar.
- Lynn's voice was perfect. She didn't go too fast or too slow.